Lux-Moody-Wolfel Funeral Home began as Moody Funeral Home in 1937 in downtown Alma near Firstbank. William and Agnes Moody, a farming family in Forest Hill, Mi. operated the funeral home together and moved to our present location at 531 N. State St. in the early 1940's. Upon Mr. Moody's death in 1955, Mrs. Moody, having obtained her funeral director's license, continued to operate the home herself with the help of longtime employee William Wolfel. In 1961 Mrs. Moody sold the home to Mr. Wolfel and it was operated as Moody-Wolfel Funeral Home until 1980, when a chance meeting between Charles R. Lux Sr. in Mt.Pleasant with Mr. Wolfel revealed that the home would soon be for sale and Charles was interested in purchasing the home for he and his newly licensed son Paul.
The Lux family purchased the home in 1980 and in respect to the individuals who had served the community for so many years in the past retain all the owners names in Lux-Moody-Wolfel Funeral Home today.
Over the next 30 years, Paul would purchase the Dodge Funeral Home in Middleton, Schnepp Funeral Homes, in Riverdale, Carson City and Crystal, Whiting Funeral Chapel in Breckenridge and St. Louis Funeral Home.
In 2013 Nicholas and Laura purchased Lux Funeral Homes from their father Paul after over 10 years of working side by side. They strive to continue serving their communities with integrity and respect.